Why Should I hire a Wisconsin Wedding planner?
It is pretty obvious why a wedding needs a DJ or a photographer. This has come to be an expected part of your big day. Rarely do I see a couple wonder if they should be hiring these vendors. Couples know that the music and the photos are what make the wedding memorable. Every client I have understands the value of a wedding planner too. But, what about those that are on the fence about whether they need a wedding planner? I decided to answer this question by breaking down the top 5 reasons why someone should hire a planner. Presumably this is your first (and hopefully last!) wedding you’ll ever plan. The reasons to hire a professional are numerous but I think I managed to get it down to just five. So without further ado, here are my reasons why you should absolutely hire a wedding planner.
- VENDOR RECOMMENDATIONS BASED ON EXPERIENCE: Rest assured, your planner knows vendors (and their reputations!) well. They know who shows up on time, can make right on their promises, who is quick to communicate efficiently, and who has passion for what they do. Google searches can reveal tidbits and reviews, that’s for sure. But, I’ve seen horrible vendors in person, who have received 4 star reviews on all online sites. Don’t be bamboozled. Get a planner who can help you detect the best of the best. They will help you traverse the infinite possibilities of vendor selections and create the best pathway to a successful day.
- STRESS FREE DAYS WITH CONSTANTLY CHANGING PRIORITIES: Planners are born to multi-task. In a given day, my priorities shift with the changing needs of vendors, family needs, venue needs, and more! Its a talent that is not something that comes easily to everyone. Besides that, a planner like myself, is usually full time and chances are you don’t have 40 hours a week to dedicate to planning the perfect event. An amazing event planner will work around the changes and needs of each vendor. An even better planner will be able to anticipate those needs! I personally have a vendor spreadsheet where I keep track of any special requests from any vendor. This helps me know immediately what they need in advance. No constant emails threads, no need to wonder what to do next. This can save me tons of time in setting up the daily schedule of events, or creating a timeline for vendors.
- WE KNOW THE RIGHT QUESTIONS TO ASK: I plan events and weddings every day of my life. I know that I need to think about things like electrical outlets for bands, how to create a flow chart of a room that accommodates catering, what to do to entertain children, and more. Having an experienced planner can take the guesswork out of your planning process. You are paying your planner to be the expert.
- WE HAVE CONNECTIONS. Although I never take commissions from vendors, I know that its important to create good bonds with vendors I love working with. For example, I will always recommend the bartender that does an efficient and amazing job, or a DJ that knows how to get the crowd dancing. That is how I know that my couples will get the best of the best for their wedding day (and be further impressed by my abilities to create a great day)! What’s even better is that these top-notch vendors will often want to work with me to help make their days go smoother. I’ve never met a vendor who did not like the fact that I am so organized. I come to events with backup copies of all timelines, schedules, ceremonies, and even create pronunciation guides for names that are hard to remember. I help photographers wrangle families to be in the right spot for photos and I make sure every photo you wnat is taken! Everyone can breathe easier knowing that there is someone overseeing the entire day’s events.
- WE CAN HELP YOU ON ANY DAY OF WEDDING EMERGENCIES. You wouldn’t believe the things that happen on wedding days. Wedding day catastrophes range from transportation issues for your guests to losing a wedding ring (Yes! It happened! and I found it, thankfully!) I am armed with an arsenal of weapons in my toolkit. I carry around a constantly changing bridal emergency kit for my couples to use as needed on their big day. This toolkit is now valued over $200 and its grows with every event I plan. Once I even had to call in my seamstress from my linen collection to help repair a bridal gown that ripped down the side. It really helps to have someone dedicated to a smooth sailing event.
Do you have a story that helps highlight the need for a wedding planner? I would love to hear them below!
Happy Planning and Best wishes always!